Here at Forrest & Harbour Co we are passionate about candles! Below are some tips to ensure the best burn of your candle.
1. Trim the wick(s) to 1/4 prior to the first burn and each subsequent burn. This ensures a safe flame height and prolongs the life of your candle.
2. During the first burn, allow the melt pool to reach the edges of the jar to establish good wax memory. This will take approximately 3-4 hours.
4. Burn your candle for a minimum of 1 hour with each subsequent burn to prevent tunnelling. Do not burn a candle longer than 4 hours.
5. Do not blow out a candle. This can leave soot and debris in your wax. It can also curl your wick into the melt pool which will be difficult to light once it solidifies. Use a candle snuffer or jar lid to extinguish. Simply place the lid onto the jar (be careful it may be hot) until the flame is extinguished. Always be sure the candle is out prior to leaving unattended.
6. Keep your candle away from drafts (vents, windows, fans, etc) to ensure an even burn.
**Please remember to always follow the safety instructions found on the bottom of your candle. Forrest & Harbour Co is not responsible for any misuse of our products.**